17 February 2008

dream a highway

i do not know if the way memory fades like so many tungsten faces is a blessing or curse, only that now it has twighlit some august night just short of the end of days, back when you could smell the girl so ripe in the dusky heat with her sweat dripping like honey to stick
the bees down towards her naked toes sunk deep in the red mud. it is almost enough to know that junipered hillside wont never answer to us again, wont forgive the time our campfire defiled a millenia of sandstone talismans.
the moment dissolves into the shimmering air above the sunbleached miles; the blacktop cleaves the desert driving mercilessly forward, each minute one more distance between that body and this one.

now it's one month later and your lank hair has faded on the pillow of a hazy morning you awoke in agony while i retched up the hangover having crashed up my bike on broadway in some overbrave 3am mania.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I saw your occupation and likewise your an EMT as me, great to have someone from a distant land and see and exchange ideas and own point of view... well I do that sometimes too... all the negative things happening in life like stress, anger and all the crazy things around this life is I guess just reflecting in our mood even when times even were asleep, I guess that's how our brain reacts... well if its just okay with you...read some of the articles on my blog..maybe this might help... I guess I need to introduce my self..I am Bernard and and wanting to be your friend...(",)